What we Believe
The church's Statement of Faith affirms the following Christian beliefs:
- The divine inspiration, authority, sufficiency and reliability of the Bible
- The unity of the Godhead expressed in the Trinity of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.
- The sovereignty of God in creation, providence and redemption.
- The perfect Deity, virgin birth and human nature of God the Son, the Lord Jesus Christ.
- The necessity of forgiveness and regeneration in consequence of the disobedience and fall of humanity.
- The death of Christ on a cross as the only perfect and effective sacrifice for sin, and His subsequent burial, resurrection and ascension into Heaven.
- The need for personal faith in Christ in order to restore the relationship between God and humanity.
- The work of the Holy Spirit in regeneration, conversion and sanctification, and in ministry and worship.
- The universal Church as the body of Christ, consisting of all those with a personal faith in the redemptive work of Christ; and the local church, made up of the fellowship of true believers.
- The ordinances of baptism by immersion on confession of faith in Christ, and the observance of the Lord's Supper by all those with an active faith in Christ.
- The personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ to this world.
- The resurrection of the body and the judgement of the world, the eternal blessedness of true believers and eternal punishment of those who reject God's offer of salvation.